This is the fun bit. As we’ve explained, trees breathe in Co2 and breath out oxygen. There a lots of people who can plant trees for you. To date we’ve planted over 650,000 trees, both in the UK and abroad. We aim to work with low cost providers, who are reputable. Forests work best when maintained.Donate to plant a tree
The tree experts gave us many tips and a few surprises.
- Trees grow at different rates. Generally, the warmer and wetter it is, the faster they grow.
- Forestry planting and management creates jobs.
- Trees have secondary benefits for wildlife, soil maintenance.
- Mangrove trees grow in salt water, and help protect communities from costal erosion. They also help fish stocks to regenerate.
- It’s wise to harvest trees into timber products, as long as replanting occurs.